What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file that is stored on your computer’s browser directory. We use a number of different cookies on the Shopbox website, including necessary, functional, performance and targeting cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to keep track of your movements within the site, help you resume where you left off, remember your registered log-in information and other preferences. It means you do not have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor. We use this information to improve the browsing experience for all of our users.
What cookies do we use, and why do we use them?
Some cookies are necessary to allow you to browse our website, use its features, and access secure areas. The use of these cookies is essential for the website to work, and we do not use these cookies to collect personal information about you. This is, for example, checking what electronic device you are accessing the website from, and tailoring it accordingly in regards to both functionality and layout to make crucial functions accessible to you.
We also use functional cookies to remember choices you’ve made or information you’ve provided, such as your username, language, or the region you are in. This allows us to tailor your website experience specifically to your preferences. The functional cookies we use include:
- Security cookies to enhance security measures, like detecting issues with repeated failed log-in attempts. These cookies sole purpose is to increase site security with the end-user in mind.
- Multimedia content player session cookies (flash cookies) are used for the duration of a session to store technical data needed to play back video or audio content (e.g. image quality, network link speed, and buffering parameters).
- User interface customization persistent cookies are used to store a user’s preference regarding a service across web pages.
We use performance cookies to collect information about how you use our website and how often. These cookies only gather information for statistical purposes and do not gather any information that can personally identify you. However, because these cookies are not strictly necessary for the use of our website, we require your consent to use them. The performance cookies we use include:
- First party analytics cookies – We use these cookies to estimate the number of unique visitors, to improve our website and to detect the most searched for words in search engines that lead to a webpage.
- We also use Google Analytics and other third-party analytics providers to help measure how users interact with our website content. The cookies “remember” the actions and behaviour of our users on the website. We use this data to continually improve our website, its functionality and the user-experience. For more information on Google Analytics, visit Google’s information page. For instructions on how opt out of Google Analytics, see below.
Targeting cookies are used on our website to tailor marketing to you and your interests and provide you with a more personalized service in the future. These cookies remember that you visited our website and we may share this information with third-parties, such as advertisers. Although these cookies can track your visits to our website and other sites, they cannot personally identify you. Without these cookies, the advertisements that you see may be less relevant and interesting to you. We do not use third-party advertising cookies.
How long will cookies remain on my computer or mobile device?
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 90 days and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device. See the section below on how to control cookies for more information on removing them before they expire.
How to control cookies?
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can opt out of customized ads by visiting: Ads Preference Manager
To opt-out of Google Analytics: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
If you use our website without opting out, it means that you understand and agree to data collection for the purpose of marketing ads to you.